Thursday, August 6, 2015

Umrah Ramadan/Syawal 1436

Alhamdulillah, after missing my trip last year I managed to visit the blessed Holy Land for my bi-annual Umrah trip - the third. Below are selected posts from my Instagram - visit @sanifoo for more pictures.



























Many times great patience and divine intervention work together in ways you least expected, In Syaa Allah. Those familiar will tell you of the passive push and shove involved at Ar-Raudhah. By His grace I got not one but two spots (and several rakaats) - the second after being offered by a kind brother to his when I was further inside. Alhamdulillah. At the Ar-Raudhah exit I realized it's almost Tahajjud. The guards were clearing the place of streamers. I immediately took my spot. It was then I realized I was directly behind the imam. The snail-paced 10 rakaats session, lasted about 2 hours. On "normal" evenings, only one's determination and concentration to overcome the only-human, past-bedtime weariness will get through the session. But last night - it was a breeze. It didn't even feel like 2 hours. And I felt so close to the Prophet Muhammad SAW, who's tomb was only a few meters to my left and the Ar-Raudhah behind me. MasyaAllah, MasyaAllah, MasyaAllah. Alhamdulillah #umrah2015 #umrah1436 #ramadan2015 #ramadan1436 #exploreMadina #exploremedina #madinah #saudiarabia #alhamdulillah #islam #muslim #masjid #mosque
A photo posted by Sanif Olek (@sanifee) on




During Iqtikaf I had the opportunity to make friends with Muhammad Iftikhar (white shirt) and Shabier. Both are from Pakistan. Iftikhar's from Lahore and he has been a Hafiz for the last 4 years, teaching folks in USA and New Zealand to read Quran via Skype, while Shabier's from Karachi but now works in Riyadh as an electrician. Iftikhar was more chatty as he spoke English reasonably well. He asked if I read the Quran well, I said errr... that I'm still learning. He offered to help via Skype, ikhlas if I want to. In Syaa Allah. I told him I'm a (ahem) scriptwriter. He wants to learnt from me too haha. He plays the cricket if he's not teaching folks reciting Quran. We had Iftar together. We exchanged numbers and hope to keep in touch In Syaa Allah. #umrah2015 #umrah1436 #ramadan2015 #ramadan1436 #exploreMadina #exploremedina #madinah #saudiarabia #alhamdulillah
A photo posted by Sanif Olek (@sanifee) on



















































No comments: